Telomeres are caps on our chromosomes, that act as protectors to our chromosomes. So effectively, the longer these caps, the longer the cell life, the longer your life.
There are very expensive tests to tell you what your average telomere length is. Hopefully these tests will become less expensive and more accessible with time.
What’s interesting is the advice on what to do if your telomeres are found to be short. Because its what we have been telling you all along.
These are the secrets to protecting and maybe even lengthening your telomeres –
- Vigorous aerobic and high intensity interval training 3-4 times a week.
- Less frequent exercise actually causes increased oxidative stress and is counterproductive.
- Reduce stress and improve mental healthReduce work stress.
- Optimism. Happy and harmonious relationships.
- Increase omega 3 intake and reverse your omega 3 / omega 6 ratio with CLEAN omega 3 supplements -ratios in your blood can now be tested
- Maintain your vit D 3 levels – adequate sunshine or supplements is necessary : levels should be tested twice yearly. You can check you levels by visitingwww.healthtestathome.com
- Maintain your BMI below 26 – reduce obesity
- Maintain hormonal balance in particular testosterone levels
Interesting that most of the advice we can actually do ourselves.