Reducing levels of testosterone can happen at any time. Sometimes it is related to stress; but it’s also part of our natural ageing process, and can start from as early as 40 years-old. Millions of men worldwide suffer from symptoms related to a decreased production of testosterone. These collective symptoms are referred to as Andropause, or indeed ‘Man-O-Pause’.
Testosterone is vitally important in men, as it is directly and indirectly responsible for everything related to a man’s sense of wellbeing, psyche and physical performance. In some men, these depleted levels can have deleterious effects on their well-being and ability to perform and function in the way they used to.
For the benefits of using testosterone replacement in men, please read the Andropause articles in our Science section
Depleted testosterone levels may cause a number of symptoms, which usually progress slowly but steadily towards a declining ability, physical and mental health status. From muscle function, sexual and reproductive function, bone health, to so-called ‘male brain’, testosterone is what the male body relies upon to function and stay healthy. A lack of this hormone can cause symptoms such as:
- Decreased libido and sexual performance
- Mood changes, feeling lack-lustre, depression, irritability, lack of drive, ambition, focus
- Loss of muscle mass or generalized muscle weakness
- Issues with bone density that can cause or lead to conditions like
- chronic low back pain syndrome,
- delayed bone healing after fractures
- Brain-related problems like memory loss and slow thinking, inability to be decisive
- Various cardiovascular complications including strokes and hypertension.
- Hair loss and bad skin condition
BIO-IDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY FOR REPLENISHING HORMONES
BHRT (Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy) can provide a solution by replenishing missing hormones, which in turn may stop the Andropause symptoms and progression, and restore a feeling of confidence, as well as improving cardiovascular, bone and brain function. This can allow men to “get their lives back” and regain their health, confidence and drive.
Conditions, which have been found to be well treated with BHRT, mainly testosterone, in men, include:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Thyroid Problems
- Prostate problems
If you have any questions or wish to book a consultation, please contact us on 020 7078 0203.