Food Sensitivity Testing London
We use a special blood testing systems from Germany called ALCAT, as a tool for detecting and managing conditions linked to inflammation and chronic activation of the immune system. ALCAT tests measure an individual’s responses to foods and other substances at the cellular level and may reveal the underlying trigger of certain symptoms.
Food and chemical sensitivities have been linked to migraines, aching joints, fatigue, gastrointestinal disorders, and other symptoms related to chronic activation of the immune system.
Clinical assessments of the ALCAT Test system used to guide dietary modification have shown significant improvement in many common symptoms. The efficacy of the Alcat Test has been documented in numerous studies implementing rigorous double blind and often placebo controlled study designs. Researchers at Yale School of Medicine have correlated Alcat Test results with well-known immunological markers of immune activation.
Who should test?
Cellular reactions to foods, chemicals and other substances can be associated with both acute and chronic pathologies, including but not limited to the following .
- Gastrointestinal Disorders – Diarrhea /Constipation, Bloating, IBS, Gastritis, Reflux, Associated Malabsorption (nutritional deficiencies)
- Skin Symptoms – Urticaria, Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rashes of unknown origin
- Neurological Symptoms – Migraines, Headaches, Memory Problems, Chronic Fatigue, Mood Swings, Depression (neuroendocrine immune system), ADH
- Respiratory Disease – Chronic Cough, Wheezing / Bronchoconstriction, Sinusitis
- Metabolic / Endocrine Disorders – Obesity, Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome, Inability to Lose Weight, Weight Loss, Thyroid Illness and Diseases, Infertility, Irregular Menstruation
- Muscular / Skeletal Disorders – Stiff or Sore Joints, Arthritis, Tendonitis
Immune System and other Comorbidities – Reduced immunity against Infections, Allergies, Autoimmune Diseases, Heart Problems, progression of tumors