23MD RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Whilst we have created these guidelines using all the recommended advice available to us, what is important to realise is that your cooperation with these changes is vitally important in reducing the spread of Covid19.
OUR SHARED DUTY OF CARE
Our staff and clinicians at 23MD clinic take their responsibilities to protect your health very seriously. We have instituted the following measures:
● All in-clinic treatments must now be accompanied by a pre-treatment virtual consultation to assess your needs
● Please arrive at the time of your clinic as we are restricting the numbers of patients allowed at any one time
●We have closed our make-up station. Therefore, in preparation for your treatment, you must arrive to the clinic with freshly cleaned make-up free skin
● If you are wearing a face covering, please keep it on.
● Those patients who require a repeat of their creams or prescriptions can contact us by phone to arrange delivery direct to your home, or you could use our on-line shop
● For patients attending the clinic for a treatment, we ask you to come alone. If you must be assisted, your companion must wait outside the clinic to avoid cross-infection. We will provide you with assistance you may require inside the clinic.
● When you arrive at the clinic, at the front door you will be asked to
○ Apply shoe covers and face coverings
○ Use hand sanitiser
○ Have a mandatory temperature check
○ clients are welcome to arrive in their own PPE
● We have reduced the number of chairs in each waiting area to one only, in order that we try to limit each waiting area to one person use at a time to minimise contact.
● Please ask for assistance of you want any leaflets, or need to purchase any products .
● There is LIMITED ACCESS TO COAT CUPBOARDS AND TOILETS. Please avoid bring personal items into the clinic to reduce risk. Please also avoid using the toilets at the clinic. Each. consultation room has a functioning sink with soap for patients to wash their hands.
● We have marked the floor with a oneway system throughout the clinic to reduce contact between you and anyone else.
● Staff will be wearing PPE including disposable masks, visors, gloves, gowns, and slippers.
● Avoid using the chairs in the waiting rooms. The doctor will ask you to come straight into your treatment room at your arrival time
● We have closed our make-up station. Therefore, in preparation for your treatment, you must arrive to the clinic with freshly cleaned make-up free skin
● Once you have finished your treatment
○ head back to the front desk
○ settle your invoice
○ discard your shoe covers in the bin
○ sanitise your hands prior to leaving the clinic
● In clinic appointments times have been extended so there will be less frequent.
● These extended times also allows us to be on time for your appointment, in order that we try to limit each waiting area to one person to minimise contact.
● Extended appointment times also allows for thorough decontamination of our rooms, beds, touch points, and all common areas
● We have placed many new signs throughout the clinic. Please pay attention to them as they are there for your safety.
● Touch points include, but are not limited to
○ all electronic equipment, computers, iPads, iPhone, credit card machines
○ doorknobs and handrails,
○ countertops and tables.
● The clinic is again deep cleaned at the end of each workday
We will continue to stay open as long as we are allowed to operate and it is safe to do so.
For more information about the Coronavirus and the most up to date advice from the UK government please visit: www.gov.uk/coronavirus and https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.