- Current evidence and applications of photodynamic therapy in dermatology. Marilyn T Wan and Jennifer Y Lin. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2014; 7: 145–163.
- Light-based therapies in acne treatment. Susan Pei, Arun C. Inamadar. Keshavmurthy A. Adya. and Maria M. Tsoukas. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2015 May-Jun; 6(3): 145–157.
- New insights into the management of acne. Thiboutot D, Gollnick H, Bettoli V, Dreno B, Kang S, Leyden JJ, et al. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009;60(Suppl):S1–50.
- Laser and light based treatments of acne. Rai R, Natarajan K. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2013;79:300–9
- Laser and other light therapies for the treatment of acne vulgaris: Systematic review. Hamilton FL, Car J, Lyons C, Car M, Layton A, Majeed A. Br J Dermatol. 2009;160:1273–85.
- Lose-dose topical 5-aminolevulinic acid photodynamic therapy in the treatment of different severity of acne vulgaris. Ma L, Xiang LH, Yu B, Yin R, Chen L, Wu Y, et al. Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther. 2013;10:583–90.
- Topical ALA-photodynamic therapy for the treatment of acne vulgaris. Hongcharu W, Taylor CR, Chang Y, Aghassi D, Suthamjariya K, Anderson RR. J Invest Dermatol. 2000;115:183–92.
- Topical aminolaevulinic acid-photodynamic therapy for the treatment of acne vulgaris: A study of clinical efficacy and mechanism of action.Pollock B, Turner D, Stringer MR, Bojar RA, Goulden V, Stables GI, et al. Br J Dermatol. 2004;151:616–22.
Bio Identical Hormones
Biodentical vs Conventional HRT
- Are bioidentical hormones (estradiol, estriol, and progesterone) safer or more efficacious than commonly used synthetic versions in hormone replacement therapy
- Could transdermal estradiol + progesterone be a saferpostmenopausal HRT? A review
- Bioidentical hormones: what is all the hype about?
- What’s new in hormone replacement therapy: focus on transdermal estradiol and micronized progesterone.
- A comprehensive review of the safety and efficacy of bioidentical hormones for the management of menopause and related health risks. Bioidentical hormones review.
- The effectiveness of sublingual and topical compounded bioidentical hormone replacement therapy in postmenopausal women
- Percutaneous absorption of progesterone in postmenopausal women treated with transdermal estrogen
Hormones and Breast Cancer
- Percutaneous estradiol/oral micronized progesterone has less-adverse effects and different gene regulations than oral conjugated equine estrogens/medroxyprogesterone acetate in the breasts of healthy women in vivo.
- Could transdermal estradiol + progesterone be a safer postmenopausal HRT? A review.
- Breast cancer risk in relation to different types of hormone replacement therapy in the E3N-EPIC cohort.
- Unequal risks for breast cancer associated with different hormone replacement therapies: results from the E3N cohort study.
- Use of different postmenopausal hormone therapies and risk of histology- and hormone receptor-defined invasive breast cancer.
- Risk of breast cancer by type of menopausal hormone therapy: a case-control study among post-menopausal women in France.
Hormones and Cardiovascular Risks
- Lower risk of cardiovascular events in postmenopausal women taking oral estradiol compared with oral conjugated equine estrogens.
- Estradiol-based postmenopausal hormone therapy and risk of cardiovascular and all-cause mortality.
- Hormone replacement therapy may help improve women’s heart health, overall survival.
Other uses of BHRT
- The safety of 52 weeks of oral DHEA therapy for postmenopausal women.
- Differential effects of oral versus transdermal estrogen replacement therapy on C-reactive protein in postmenopausal women.
Testosterone use for Women
- Transdermal testosterone therapy improves well-being, mood, and sexual function in premenopausal women
- Testosterone Patch for Low Sexual Desire in Surgically Menopausal Women
- Guidelines for Testosterone use in Women – British Society for Sexual Medicine
Testosterone use for men
- Testosterone for aging men.
- Guidelines on the management of erectile dysfunction • British Society for Sexual Medicine
- The significant impact of Menopause. Are women suffering in silence? Ipsos Mori for British Menopause Society. May 2016
- The evidence base for HRT: what can we believe? How errors in 2001 WHI study led to 15 years of unnecessary suffering for women R.D.Langer. CLIMACTERIC, 2017 VOL. 20, NO. 2, 91–96
- Quality Statements form NICE regarding menopause management
Botox® for Plantar Fasciitis
- Is botulinum toxin A effective for the treatment of plantar fasciitis? Peterlein CD, et al. Clin J Pain. 2012.
- Treatment of pain attributed to plantar fasciitis with botulinum toxin. Babcock MS, et al. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2005.
Botox® for bruxism
- Efficacy of botulinum toxin in treating myofascial pain in bruxers. Guarda-Nardini L, et al. Cranio. 2008.
- Botulinum injection for the management of myofascial pain in the masticatory muscles. Sidebottom AJ, et al. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013.