Wellness and Bio- Identical Hormones
Reducing levels of testosterone can happen at anytime, sometimes related to stress, but also is part of our natural aging process, and can start from as early as 40 years old.Millions of men worldwide suffer from symptoms related to decreased production of testosterone hormone. These collective symptoms are referred to as Andropause, or indeed Man-O-Pause
Testosterone is very important in men, as it is directly and indirectly responsible for everything related to a man’s sense of wellbeing, psyche and physical performance. In some men, these depleted levels can have deleterious effects on their well-being and ability to perform and function in the way they used to.
The depleted testosterone levels may cause a number of symptoms, which usually progress slowly but steadily towards a declining ability, physical and mental health status.
From muscle function, sexual and reproductive function, bone health, to so called ‘male brain’ and psyche, testosterone is what men’s bodies rely on to function and stay healthy. Lack of this hormone can cause symptoms like:
- Decreased libido and sexual performance
- Mood changes, feeling lack-luster, depression, irritability, lack of drive, ambition, focus
- Loss of muscle mass or generalized muscle weakness
- Issues with bone density that can cause or lead to conditions like
- chronic low back pain syndrome,
- delayed bone healing after fractures
- Brain related problems like memory loss and slow thinking, inability to be decisive
- Various cardiovascular complications including strokes and hypertension.
- Hair loss and bad skin condition
BHRT (Bio identical Hormone Replacement Therapy) can provide a solution by replenishing missing hormones, which in turn may stop the Andropause symptoms and progression, and restore a feeling of confidence, wellness as well as improving cardiovascular, bone and brain function. This can allow the man to “get their lives back” and regain his health, confidence, drive and ambitions.
Conditions, which have been found to be well treated with BHRT, mainly testosterone, in men, include
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Thyroid Problems
- Prostate problems